- SUSTAINED ORGANIC GROWTH: +12.9%
- 7 ACQUISITIONS IN FRANCE AND OVERSEAS
BUSINESS IN 2021: +25.4%
Although 2020 was impacted by the Health Crisis, the activity has strongly resumed in 2021. ALTEN has grown by 25.4%: 13.7% growth in France and 32.9% overseas. Acquisitions contributed to almost half of the increase in activity, the other half being fulfilled by a strong organic growth. On a like‐for‐like basis and constant exchange rate, growth reaches 12.9% (+8.4% in France and +15.7% outside France).
Following on thisthird quarter, business growth remained strong on the fourth quarter. Revenue reaches €794,8 M with an increase of 40.1% (26.4% in France and 48.5% overseas). On a like‐for‐like basis, business still grows by 23.2%: 17.7% in France and 26.6% overseas.
All business sectors are growing in 2021 and more specifically Aerospace, Defense and Security, Electronics and Life Sciences.
Since this third quarter, the Automotive and Civil Aeronautics sectors have experienced organic growth again, however still remain below their pre‐crisis levels.
Most of the geographical areas experience a strong organic growth of over 10%, with the exception of the countries where the Civil Aeronautics and Automotive activities are predominant, i.e. France, Germany and Sweden, which experience lower growth.
EXTERNAL GROWTH: 7 ACQUISITIONS IN FRANCE AND OVERSEAS
ALTEN has finalised 6 acquisitions in 2021:
- In the UK/Finland: 1 company specialised in Consulting and Agile Training (€95 M Revenue, 65 consultants)
- In Germany: 1 company specialised in Engineering and Consulting (especially in the Automotive sector) (€10M Revenue, 90 consultants)
- In France: 1 company specialised in the transformation and digitalisation of Information Systems (€37M Revenue, 280 consultants)
- In UK: 1 company specialised in Life Science (€20M Revenue, 180 consultants)
- In China/US: 1 company specialised in software development (€68M Revenue, 1 900 consultants)
- In India/US: 1 company specialised in product engineering, embedded systems and digital technologies (€11M Revenue, 930 consultants)
ALTEN has also completed a first acquisition in 2022
- In Spain: 1 company specialised in Cloud and digital transformation (€12 M revenue, 180 consultants)
OUTLOOK FOR 2022:
The beginning of 2022 fits in the continuity of the trend observed in the second half of 2021. Business will grow depending on the evolution of the health crisis as well as geopolitical and macroeconomics environments. While almost all sectors have already outgrown their pre‐crisis level, the Automotive &Heavy Trucks along with the Civil Aeronautics sectors may reach their pre‐crisis level faster than anticipated (expected at the end of 2022 or in 2023).
Assuming similar economic conditions, ALTEN should achieve a satisfactory organic growth and further pursue its strategy of targeted external growth.