- ORGANIC GROWTH ACCELERATION: +9.5%
- 6 ACQUISITIONS IIN FRANCE AND OVERSEAS
BUSINESS AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER 2021: +20.7%
Business is growing by 20.7% at end of September: +9.7% in France and +27.8% overseas. On a like‐for‐like basis and constant exchange rate, it grows by 9.5% (+5.4% in France and +12.1% out of France).
Business is resuming and accelerating again on the third quarter. It grows by 40.2%: +26.5% in France and +48.7% overseas. On a like‐for‐like basis, it grows by 23.9%. Organic growth reaches 19.0% in France and 26.9% out of
All business sectors are in strong growth on the third quarter of 2021, partly due to the favourable base effect of the third quarter 2020. The Automotive and Civil Aeronautics sectors return to organic growth at the end of September 2021, even if recovery stays gradual in those two sectors.
Therefore, all geographical areas are growing, with the exception of those which are deeply connected to the Automotive and Civil Aeronautics sectors, such as France, Germany and Scandinavia; those countries currentlym experience slower growth.
Spain, Benelux and Switzerland are in moderate growth (< 10%), when all other areas (Italy, UK, Eastern Europe, US, Asia) are in a strong two‐digit growth.
Alten’s strategy of external growth acceleration has allowed to develop its market shares. Acquisitions have accounted more than 10% of turnover at the end of September 2021.
EXTERNAL GROWTH: 6 ACQUISITIONS IN FRANCE AND IN INTERNATIONAL
ALTEN has finalised 6 acquisitions in 2021:
- In UK/Finland: 1 company specialised in Consulting and Agile Training (€9.5M Revenue, 65 consultants)
- In Germany: 1 company specialised in Engineering and Consulting (especially in the Automotive sector) (€10M Revenue, 90 consultants)
- In France: 1 company specialised in the transformation and digitalisation of Information Systems (€37M Revenue, 280 consultants)
- In UK: 1 company specialised in Life Science (€20M Revenue, 180 consultants)
- In China/US: 1 company specialised in software development (€68M Revenue, 1 900 consultants)
- In India/US: 1 company specialised in product engineering, embedded systems and digital technologies (€11M Revenue, 930 consultants)
OUTLOOK FOR 2021:
Although the sectors of Automotive, Heavy Trucks and Civil Aeronautics remain impacted by the health crisis, business recovery is still strong. Organic growth is stronger than expected, the third quarter activity level has confirmed the second quarter growth trend.
Assuming similar economic and sanitary conditions, ALTEN should achieve an organic growth slightly over 10% in 2021.
ALTEN will also further develop its targeted strategy of external growth to reinforce strategical business sectors and