- Strong organic growth: +10.7%
- 7 acquisitions outside France
STRONG GROWTH OF BUSINESS IN 2019: +15.6%
Business in 2019 has grown sharply again like in previous years, reaching 15.6%, both in France (10.2%) and overseas (20.1%). On a like‐for‐like basis and constant exchange rate, business grows by 10.7% (10.2% in France and 11.2% outside France).
In Q4, revenue reaches €687.6 M thus growing by 12.1% (4.3% in France and 18.5% outside France). On a like‐ for‐like basis, business grows by 7.3% (4.3% in France and 9.8% outside France).
In France, organic growth has slowed down because of both a negative seasonal effect in 2019 (‐1 business day as compared to Q4 2018) and an unfavorable comparative basis: Alten had experienced an exceptional growth in Q4 2018. Organic strong growth overseas reaches 9.8% thanks to a strong development in the following countries: North America, Asia, Italy and Switzerland.
All business areas are growing and more particularly Rail/Naval, Aerospace, Defense & Security.
EXTERNAL GROWTH: 7 ACQUISITIONS OUTSIDE FRANCE
Alten is consolidating its development on an international level and has carried out 7 acquisitions in 2019 (5 in Europe, 1 in Asia and 1 in the US):
- 2 companies in Germany (annual revenue: €22.5 M, 255 consultants)
- 1 company in Spain (annual revenue: €6 M, 95 consultants)
- 1 company in the UK (annual revenue: €11 M, 170 consultants)
- 1 company in Denmark (annual revenue: €6 M, 50 consultants)
- 1 company in India (annual revenue: €8.5 M, 260 consultants)
- 1 business in the US (annual revenue: €11 M)
OUTLOOK FOR 2020:
After 2 years of very sharp organic growth (>10%) we expect a more normative growth in 2020, following the trend experienced in H2 2019.
Alten will achieve a satisfactory growth, grow faster than the market and increase its development thanks to a targeted strategy of external growth, mainly overseas.
2019 full‐year results: Wednesday, February 19th 2020